Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hello everyone !

  Today I would like to show you something I did for our little home, super fast, easy and cheap !!

Ok so nothing easier than to make your own chalkboard paint ;
One cup of any paint you have + one table spoon of tile grout !
Mixxxxxxxxxxxxxx it and pam pam ! Chalboard paint !
So to create my chalkboard, I took an old picture frame that I didn't like and almost ended to the trash--- Thanks to pinterest, I feel like I can't get rid of anything anymore, just in case I could turn it into something original,hoarder? Do you also feel the pinterest effect on your basement ?! ---
So I just removed the ugly picture that was in, took out the frame and painted directly on the glass.
I gave it 3 coats ...
Coat one was from right to left, then let dry for at least an hour
Coat two was from bottom to top, then let dry for a least an hour too,
Coat three was again from right to left, then let dry for the whole night.
On the next day, your chalkboard is ready !
Write your favorite quote, place it back in the frame and voila !
You have your own little piece of art !
Have fun
-XO

No comments:

Post a Comment