Monday, March 18, 2013

Hi there !!

   Last week end it was so sunny outside (pretty unusual for Germany!) that I decided that I needed to cheer up my entrance !
So I created a colorful wreath that inspires (me at least!) of spring and Easter !
Here is how I did it :

T
 The material:
- a foam wreath
- a pair of scisors
- any fabric you like
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- felt
- burlap
- pins

Step one:
Cut one or 2 long stripes of your fabric. don't worry about cuting it straight or anything, it will orverlap.
Pin the fabric behind the wreath and roll it over, all the way around, securing it with pins

Step two:
Once you are done "wrapping" your wreath add any kind of deco you have under the hand that you like !! I took some felt flowers that I made ages ago and never used.
Hot glue them on the wreath. I added some buttons  but as you will see at the final picture, I covered the buttons with a green felt dot afterwards cause I didn't think the color fit.

Step three:
To hang your wreath, take anything you have that matches your fabric like felt, ribbon, cords or burlap!
In this picture I tried it with felt but I didn't like the result so I just cut it away and replace it with burlap.
Hotglue the 2 ends to secure it as shown in the picture.

Step four:
Hang your wreath and chek the colors. If you want to adjust it, it's never too late !!
As I said, I changed the buttons for some felt and the felt hanger for some burlap !!!
Add any personal touch for a real nice look !!



And here is the final look !!
What do you think ?
I would love to read your comments !!!

And please let me know if you did a nice Easter wreath as well !!
Love
-XO

No comments:

Post a Comment